Tours are offered 7 days a week by reservation. Susan will pick you up from your hotel or any location within a 100 mile radius of Charleston.
Call 843-424-4721 or email [email protected] to book your tour.
Each tour is customized to fit your interests. Stops can be made at any time during the tour for dinning, shopping, photo opportunity, your business phone calls, or restroom breaks.
You determine the length of the tour you want, from one hour to up to 5 days in length, and may include any location within a 100 mile radius.
The tour generally begins with a comprehensive driving tour of scenic Downtown Charleston that highlights various points of interest that cover Colonial, Revolutionary, Antebellum, Civil War, and Reconstruction history.
Any and all of the following locations may be added to complete your unique custom Charleston Tour experience.
- Museum Homes: The following museum homes are open for interior tours: Aiken-Rhett, Joseph Manigault, Heyward-Washington, Nathaniel Russell, Edmondston-Alston, and The Calhoun Mansion.
- Plantations: The following plantations are open for tours: Middleton Place, Magnolia, Drayton Hall, Boone Hall, Mcleod, Hampton and Hopsewee Plantations. Hopeswee Plantation serves a delightful tea!
- Ft. Sumter (Civil War, 1st shots fired)
- Ft. Moultrie (Revoluntionary War, Civil War, WWI & WWII)
- Patriot’s Point (The Yorktown, the Laffey & Medal of Honor Museum)
- Powder Magazine (300 years old)
- Old Slave Mart
- Old Exchange & Provost Dungeon (1771) the most historic building in South Carolina, Susan Lee has been elected to a 6 year term on the State Commission that oversees this building.
- Various historic churches and cemeteries
- Charles Towne Landing (Original settlement of 1670)
- The Citadel
- The Confederate Museum
- The Charleston Museum
- Gibbes Museum of Art
- Dock Street Theatre
- Shem Creek Boardwalk
- Antiques and King Street Shopping
- The Charleston Tea Plantation
- Caw Caw Interpretive Center
- Flat bottomed boat ride at Cypress Gardens
- Historic Summerville
Corporate all day and multi-day packages are available. This is ideal when business clients are in town and bring along additional family members who want to experience Charleston, while you conduct business, either in your office or on the golf course. Special arrangements can be made for Golfers, Sailors, and Fishermen.
Many of the historic sites have their own docents (tour guides) who will actually give the site tour, but Susan Lee will accompany you to fill in additional historic information and to ensure that you are having a lovely stress-free experience. Susan also provides complementary cold bottled water and a basket full of snacks for you to enjoy during your tour.